PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- The Field Technology Sales Manager will focus primarily on the building construction, engineering, and architecture (AEC) market to achieve substantial growth in the Field Technology business.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for direct sales of our Field Technology and complimentary products portfolio in the region. The area of responsibility will cover a large portion of Sub-Saharan Africa.
Direct Sales Management
- Build and maintain long-term client relationships with key defined customers.
- Negotiate and drive sales agreements to a close with key clients.
- Assist in the ongoing development of effective sales strategies.
- Achieve set sales targets and strategic sales objectives.
- Monitor and analyze sales performance metrics and determine areas and methods for sales improvement.
- Ensure efficient sales processes and administration to support accurate financial reporting.
- Collaborate with Marketing division to optimize brand awareness of BuildingPoint SA and Field Technology.
- Attend tradeshows, seminars, product launches and other events related to the industry.
- Prepare all required sales reports and forecasts (using SalesForce CRM).
Budget & Reporting
- Assist on creating an annual budget and prudently managing resources within the budget guidelines.
- Submit high-quality documentation to internal and external stakeholders, ie. forecasts, sales pipeline, presentations, financial reports, reseller contracts & quotations.
- Regularly analyses competitor landscape.
- Register all opportunities on Salesforce and to keep those records updated.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
Qualifications / Experience:
- Minimum 3 years domain knowledge of AEC market, in particular the building construction or surveying industry.
- Trimble Field Technology solutions and related product knowledge beneficial, including local market needs.
- Sales experience will be advantageous, although training will be provided.
- Knowledge of Salesforce desirable.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Relevant degree/diploma in construction, engineering or surveying.
- Business/sales qualifications advantageous.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Combination of industry and product knowledge, business development mindset and market appreciation.
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of producing marketing & business plans.
- Business acumen.
- High level of attention-to-detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of confidence.
- Organization skills.
- Honesty, integrity & transparency.
OPTRON Group Core Values | Behavioural Competencies
- Respect – have due regard for others & acknowledge our diversity
- Integrity – doing the right thing, even when no-one is watching
- Trust – have a firm belief in the reliability, truth and ability of others
- Ownership – be accountable for our decisions and actions
- Excellence – proudly committed to quality & success
- Balance – work hard, play hard
REMUNERATION PACKAGE: Market related remuneration and benefits
Should you be interested in this opportunity and meet the minimum requirements, please complete the form below or e-mail your detailed CV to HR@optron.com
Please complete the form below to apply for this vacancy.
* Fields marked with an asterisk are required fields